Kinesiology, Health & Athletics
- Kinesiology, Health & Athletics
- Kinesiology is defined as the “art and science of human movement.” The Las Positas College academic discipline of Kinesiology is focused around the study of physical activity, while also providing opportunities in aquatics, dance, games, martial art and athletics. The program offers a variety of classes designed to meet the general education requirements for instruction in lifelong learning in health, nutrition, kinesiology, and activity classes.
- Health and Nutrition: offerings courses in personal health and nutrition intended to help students live healthfully now and for the rest of their lives.
- Athletics: offering intercollegiate athletics in the following sports, men’s and women’s Basketball, men’s and women’s cross country, men’s and women’s soccer and men’s and women’s swimming and diving. The Las Positas college athletic program is dedicated to assisting each student in achieving the highest possible academic and athletic success.
Did you Know?
- An onion, apple and potato all have the same taste. The difference in flavor are caused by smell
- The human brain has the capacity to store everything you experience.
- When you take a step you are using up to 200 muscles.
- Left handed people are better at sports that require good spatial judgment and fast reaction, compared to right handed individuals.
- President George W. Bush was once a cheerleader.
- Historically, sweat has been an active ingredient in perfume and love potions.